Wednesday 17 December 2014

The Twelve Days Of Christmas - Dec. 17th (Goodbye Robert)


Today I sent Robert off to a new home. I had been debating with myself if I should sell him for a long, long time now. He was the first BJD I ever came into contact with, the first real resin dolly I held. He is the remnant of what I once liked aesthetically in BJDs. This absolute realism, perfect proportions.

But alas, no more.
The same fate my Iplehouse Carina met.
Plus, adding to the fact that I simply can't cope with his unwieldly posing and massive weight, his character just quite blatantly faded away.

So here he is for the last time, as part of the twelve days of christmas.

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
                                                 A safe journey to a new home. - Robert



















Below, bonus shots of his sales page that I thought turned out rather nice.